Friday, May 16, 2008

Randoms

Here's what's going on in my life, for anyone who may care:

-I'm finally over the killer virus that swept through my apartment and landed four of the five of us in a near-death state for a week straight. That made three days of lifeguard training even less fun.
-I have one more final exam and then it's summer! Woohoo! Or not. I start working full time two days from now. Boo.
-All of my friends and I are running out of money thanks to a surprise electricity bill that was 4.5 times its usual amount. Cool.
-The guy I a little obsessed with in my Creative Writing class is named Alex I found out, and he is now out of my life completely, since that class is over with. Moment of silence.
-Also, my should-be-boyfriend, who unfortunately was already dating someone when I met him last semester, is also out of my life for four months, since we just took our last final together about an hour ago. I'm pretty down about that. Moment of silence.

Recent movie reviews:

Iron Man: Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. This movie was frickin' hilarious and packed with action that even girls can enjoy. It was "sassy," as one of my friends put it (sorry, can't remember which one) and made me super happy that Robert Downey, Jr. battled his drug problems and became a star again. How I love his sarcastic hotness. I would have liked some more romance in this movie, but I could totally tell that they were setting that stuff up for the sequels. Can't wait for those!

Prince Caspian: This movie was pretty good. I'm not a Narnia freak, but I still laughed a lot and I enjoyed the story. I'm guessing my viewing experience was a bit enhanced from most people's, since I went to a midnight showing of it and everyone was really into the movie. We clapped a lot, laughed a lot, and I never even got close to drifting off to sleep. I would have preferred more story and less battle, but I guess that's what Narnia's all about. Let's have yet another moment of silence for Peter Pevensie, who is the best part of those movies because he's so cute, and he won't be in them anymore because his character is too grown up. Sadness.

No comments: